No, a credit card is not required, however if you would like to pay for additional phone calls you will need to add a credit card to your account.
You can discontinue your account by contacting Customer Service.
An automated voicemail message is sent to an inmate each time funds are deposited to an account.
Only the inmate knows their own balance. If you deposited to an Inmate’s Account, you will need to ask the inmate what their balance is. You can do this over the phone or schedule a video visitation or send a message, if available.
Call Customer Service: 1-866-713-4761 (or 844-369-7776 for British Columbia facilities) to hear your balance.
As a customer, you’re able to transfer funds to the Inmate’s Account (inmate’s personal account). Additionally, these transfer rules apply:
- Transfers from the Inmate Account to a phone number are not allowed.
- Transfers from a Friends & Family Account to an inmate’s Trust & Commissary Account are not allowed.
- Transfers from an inmate’s Trust & Commissary Account are available to the Inmate Account only, at most facilities.
- Each deposit can be transferred only once, and must be done through Customer Service: 1-866-713-4761 (or 844-369-7776 for British Columbia facilities)
A contract is not required to use our services. Deposits can be made as often as needed, at any time.
Friends and Family may purchase calling bundles for inmates held in custody in the following Provincial facilities:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
To purchase a calling bundle, visit https://shop.inmatephones.ca/shop/, select the appropriate facility, then select “Call Packages.”
You have four ways to make a deposit.
- The quickest way is to set up an account online at https://secure.telmate.ca. When you make a deposit, your account will automatically be created.
- At the facility lobby using the kiosk.
- Using the automated system when you call Customer Service.
- Speaking directly with a Customer Service representative. (This incurs an extra service fee which varies between facilities and may vary depending on the amount of your deposit.)
You have three types of accounts you can set up.
- With the Friends & Family Account, funds go into your account to pay for phone calls (or any other communication services available at your facility). Your friend or loved one can only call the phone number you’ve specified.
- With the Inmate Account, funds go into an inmate’s account to pay for communication services such as phone calls, video visits and messaging. Your friend or loved one can communicate with any authorized contact.
- With the Trust & Commissary account, funds go into an inmate’s account for purchasing items from the facility such as snacks, toiletries and other goods and services.