You have four ways to make a deposit.
- The quickest way is to set up an account online at https://secure.telmate.ca. When you make a deposit, your account will automatically be created.
- At the facility lobby using the kiosk.
- Using the automated system when you call Customer Service.
- Speaking directly with a Customer Service representative. (This incurs an extra service fee which varies between facilities and may vary depending on the amount of your deposit.)
You have three types of accounts you can set up.
- With the Friends & Family Account, funds go into your account to pay for phone calls (or any other communication services available at your facility). Your friend or loved one can only call the phone number you’ve specified.
- With the Inmate Account, funds go into an inmate’s account to pay for communication services such as phone calls, video visits and messaging. Your friend or loved one can communicate with any authorized contact.
- With the Trust & Commissary account, funds go into an inmate’s account for purchasing items from the facility such as snacks, toiletries and other goods and services.